I remember the first time I watched a music video by Chris Brown.
I was so blown away by his music and his choreography
But the one thing that stood out for me was his singing voice
He had such mastery of singing that I had to find out if there was any article on the internet on how to sing like chris brown
Unfortunately I could not find anything
Which is why I decided to write this article
If you are anything like me and want to learn how to sing like Chris Brown, then make sure you read this article to the end
7 Steps To Learn How To Sing Like Chris Brown
1. Master your vocal range
Like all good musicians out there, Chris Brown has mastered the art of singing without cracking or distortion to his voice
This is simply because he has mastered his vocal range and can effectively belt out tunes without any issues
This is one technique that makes you sing like a pro
According to this article on Wikipedia, the vocal range is that range of pitches that a human voice can phonate
What this means is that when applied within the context of singing, it can be used as a defining characteristic for classifying singing voices into voice types
Chris Brown has a vocal range which spans well over 2 octaves and has a vocal type of spinto tenor
So if you really want to learn how to sing like Chris Brown and belt those tones, then you need to ensure that you master your vocal range and train your voice to sing without cracking.
Related: If you are more an Ariana Grande fan, Here is an article I wrote showing you how to sing like Ariana grande
2. Learn to breathe properly
The next thing you want to do, if you want to be as good as Chris Brown is to learn how to breathe properly while singing.
Ask any famous musician or well renowned voice coach and they will tell you that the one key to becoming a great singer is to master your breathing technique
If you can effectively learn how to breathe and sing at the same time you are definitely on track to become a great singer like Chris Brown
Here is an article I wrote, that shows you a simple 5 step process to learning how to breathe while singing.
3. Breathe from your diaphragm
While learning how to breathe properly while singing is very important, the next best thing you need to know is how to breathe from your diaphragm
See when it comes to singing, your diaphragm is referred to as the powerhouse
This is because, it is your diaphragm that allows you to belt high tunes and sustain it for a very long time
If you cannot get your diaphragm to cooperate with you while singing, then your voice will start to crack and you can say goodbye to your dreams of singing like Chris Brown
Here are some tips to help you effectively sing from your diaphragm
- If you are having trouble locating your diaphragm, lie on the floor and then place a moderate weight over your stomach. Then push the weight up using your stomach and then sing. Those muscles are your diaphragm
- Lay on your back and put 1 hand on your belly and the other hand on your chest. Slowly inhale and feel your belly rise. Once your chest starts to rise, begin exhaling.
4. Expand your voice
Another master technique you need to learn if you want to be a good singer like Chris Brown is something called expanding your voice.
How to Expand Your Voice
Anyone can expand their vocal range but it takes a lot of practice, time, and patience.
I used to be able to only sing in chest voice and falsetto, but now I can sing in every voice that I mentioned – I have around a 6.8-octave vocal range.
If you want help expanding your range then just hire me as your tutor and I’ll help you expand it little by little with every voice lesson.
Here are the steps we’ll take:
- First step: Discovering your current vocal range is our first step. I will play a virtual piano, and you will sing each note I play (if you have mimicry then this will be easy) until we have found your vocal range. If you know your range already then we skip this step.
- Second step: We then discover your weak spots – where your voice sounds weak, where you have trouble, and where you need help. After this we can then start expanding your vocal range.
- Third step: I will then teach you and give you tips and suggestions on how to sing lower or higher – depending on what you want. Here is where our lessons will vary completely seeing as each student is different.
- Fourth step: Every time we discover a new voice I will teach you to bridge your voices together so there is no gap between them. Typically this is our last step with each voice.
Don’t worry about it. One thing you need to do is to make sure you get the basics right
Once you have the basics down, then constant daily practice will see you become a better sing just like Chris Brown
So I want to be just like Chris brown when I grow up and IAM a great singer but then I always sing like him but crack somewhere so what warm ups do I do
Ok hi by the way so I want to become like Chris brown in the near future so what kind of warm ups a better for me
i like chris brown alot but i can’t do any of these things even in a million years
can someone help me out