Is Lemon Good for your voice? As a singer this is one question I get asked a lot of time.
This is simply because it has to do with your voice and you want to make sure that you take care of your voice as best as you can.
There are a lot of foods and drinks that are bad for your voice.
Likewise there are some that are absolutely healthy for your voice and you want to make sure that you stay away from the bad and embrace the good.
But in the article, we will be looking especially at lemon.
Are there some properties present in lemon that make it a good or bad choice for your vocal healthy?
Then we will be looking at what the experts are saying.
Finally we will be concluding and giving you reason on whether it is good or bad for your voice.
What are the health benefits of lemon for your singing voice
According to this guys here, the health benefits of lemon are numerous.
It is really a wonder food
It can be used to treat indigestion, constipation, throat problems, kidney stones, and even hair and skin problems.
This is because of the nourishing elements that it contains.
It contains a lot of vitamins C, Vitamins B6, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium and Potassium.
But let’s see how well it is very useful for singers.
The most important thing that lemon is good for is that it helps in treating throat infections.
As a singer this is very very helpful.
Because throat infections are a nightmare to most singers.
They can make you go from being very happy with your singing voice to actually ripping your hair out and looking for the fastest solution.
Lemon helps to fight this infections because of its antibacterial properties.
Here is how lemons works to cure your sore throat
- It contains citric acid which helps to break down the mucous in your throat and also helps to relieve you of throat inflammations.
- It is very rich in vitamin C and some anti oxidants which helps to boost your immune system.
- Lemons juice mixes with your saliva which helps in the lubrication of your vocal cords and throat.
- Supports throat health.*
- Non-GMO verified. All Ingredients Certified Organic. Kosher. Caffeine Free.
- Consistently high quality herbs from ethical trading partnerships.
- Taste: Sweet and silky, with a distinct licorice taste.
- Case of six boxes, each box containing 16 sealed tea bags (96 total tea bags)
What do the experts say?
According to research and experts, it is advisable to drink lemon water at least once a day.
This is simply because of the amount of vitamins and antioxidants it contains.
These help to fight infections in your body and also boost your immune system.
Here are some tips to help you get the maximum benefits from your lemon drinks.
- Make sure you take it first thing in the morning and wait at least 30 minutes before breakfast. This helps to energize your system for the day.
- It is better to take it squeezed than in any other form. This way you are sure of getting it fresh.
- Take it with warm water. Avoid using hot or cold water.
- You can add some spoons of honey to sweeten it as you please.
- Do not discard the skin as it has some nutritional value.
- Do not drink this if you have ulcer or you notice any allergic reaction to it.
- Here is an article I wrote about the benefits of honey and also the effects of alcohol on your voice.
Lemon Recipes to use today for your singing voice
The following are homemade recipes that you can use to start enjoying your lemon drink.
1. Lemon Juice
- Cut and squeeze a lemon into a cup
- Add a small amount of water
- Drink up
2. Lemon and Honey with Warm water
- Add a spoon of honey into a cup
- Cut and squeeze one lemon into the mug
- Add warm water and stir properly
- Add a slice of lemon and enjoy
3.Lemon, Ginger and Honey
- Grate your ginger into a cup of boiling water
- Allow to simmer for about 3 minutes
- Add a tablespoon of honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Drain the tea and enjoy
Lemon is very good for your singing voice.
This is simply because of the amount of vitamins and antioxidants that it contains which helps your body in dealing with infections and boosting your immune system.
So make sure that you add lemon drink or any of the recipes mentioned above into your daily routine and your voice will definitely thank you for it.