I love my kids… right and I know you do yours too. And most times we actually want them to follow in our footsteps. As a DJ, it’s only right that I get DJ Mixers for kids so they can practice what I have taught them and also get to learn with me. Which is a good thing right?
I mean there should be ready and available toy DJ turntables or even baby DJ set out there. But I had a rude shock after doing a lot of testing and finding out that the products out there are simply fake or do not work as I expected. So i decided to do some research and come up with the best DJ mixers for kids so you can have an idea of what you want to get, how to get it and what makes it a top choice for your kids. And if your kids want to add more to their setup, take a look at the best Sampling Turntables.
Our Winner After Careful research
- Next-Generation Feature Packed Controller – Ultra-Portable two-deck DJ Controller for Serato DJ (included) with standalone playback from dual CD/MP3 CD drives and USB Thumb Drives
- Pro Features – High-resolution multifunction jog wheels for searching and scratching plus long-throw pitch controls for tight blending, mixing and beat matching
- Mix Control - Two physical decks, radiant LCD screen and three channel mixer with a replaceable crossfader, EQ/Rotary kills and external inputs
- Enhance Your Performance – ±6, 12, 25, 100% pitch ranges, brake, reverse, scratch effects and seamless looping capability; plus, ultra-smooth, rapid slot-loading drives with large touch sensitive platters
- Pro Software Included - Pre-mapped with Serato DJ Intro for Mac & PC (included) and is upgrade-ready to the full version of Serato
- Refer User Manual
Best Dj Mixer for Kids – Comparison Table
Criteria for choosing the Best DJ Mixer for kids
Obviously, before I made my choice, dozens of beginner mixers were evaluated and tested to see which one fits the bill. The DJ mixers for kids that were selected ticked about 95 percent of the criteria needed before being labelled one of the best. The important features that were considered include the following
1. The Price
In as much as I want to get my kid to learn how to be a DJ, I also had to consider that it’s going to be a toy. So I needed to get him something that was about a couple hundred bucks – 200 max. It is going to be a toy and he is a kid so something that does not burn a deep hole in my pocket when it breaks
2. Be able to cue through a headphone
I also need something that can cue through a headphone, so basically 2 outputs. This is because for me a good DJ mix starts with mixing 2 beats and without the headphone cueing, it just does not work out well for me.
3. How durable is it?
This also ties back with the point mentioned above. Kids tend to break things and so I wanted something that is a bit durable and will last for a long time before it eventually gets smashed
4. It should be simple and very user friendly
Self explanatory here right. I need something that is not complicated and can be easily figured out by a kid. Something that is not complicated and intimidating and very easy for anyone to get the hang of pretty quickly. I mean it is for a 7 year old DJ wannabe. Also something that has a simple learning curve was a major contributing factor
5. What software does it operate on?
Finally you want a software that is capable of serving the needs of a pro DJ. So you look at your screen and then you look at the controller. What you see is the same things in the same places so it just makes sense. Also the color scheme and layout should lend itself to visual learners as well.
Top Best DJ Mixers For Kids in 2021
1. Numark DJ 2 DJ Controller for Mac or PC
This is a very portable and beginner friendly DJ controller that also delivers optimum performance when used. It is very easy to set up and can be setup either on your PC/Mac or with a DJ software. It comes with all the controls you need which are on-board and they include a crossfader, jog wheels for each deck, pitch faders, music library navigation controls and so much more
With this bad boy, your kids can use it to mix and perform anytime. It is perfect for minimalist setups and for small gigs. It slips easily into a backpack or laptop bag and includes everything that you need to mix like a pro on the go. It can be easily setup without any hassles.
All you have to do is to connect it to your computer in seconds using the USB cable and you are ready to begin. It is compatible with virtually any MIDI capable DJ application. It has a mouseless navigation built in which makes it very easy to use the controls. It comes included with an integrated virtual DJ LE Lite software giving you the option to put on a show anywhere anytime. This is one DJ mixer for kids that meets all the requirements when looking for something to get for your kids.
2. Numark Party Mix DJ Controller
This is one incredibly portable and beginner friendly DJ controller that is also great for kids. It is an ultra portable feature pack 2 channel DJ controller that works very well with Serato DJ. It has a unique Electrifying light show which is a built in light show with three room filling LED light arrays that automatically syncs to your music and guarantees that your party is going to be awesome
It comes with an onboard 16 bit audio interface with headphones output for easy connection to mixers and PA systems. It has two channels outfitted with a cross fader and jog wheels which are critical tools for seamless blending. It comes with four pad modes for total control of cue points, auto or manual looping and sample playback to add some flair to your performance. What really sets this mixer apart from the others out there is the run of the mill controller that makes the learning curve very easy and smooth. With almost everything pre arranged and comes on board, you can be sure that your kids are going to enjoy this mixer for a very long time.
- DJ controller with all the basics a hobbyist needs, including the light show. Minimum system requirements- PC-Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10. Mac: OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Simple plug-and-play computer connection utilizing industry-standard Virtual DJ LE software (product registration required)
- Built-in soundcard for bedroom practice with headphones in, or connected to speakers for a living room performance
- Compact chassis complete with dual scratch platters and slider controls. Dimensions (width x depth x height): 12.8” x 7.75” x 2.0”
- Standard DJ feature set includes 8 multi-function pads for looping and sampling, backlit sync controls, and master and cueing audio outputs
- Note: There is a card in the box that explains where to locate the digital version of the software to download.
3. Hercules DJ Control Instinct Mixer
This is a 2 deck dj controller with 2 pressure detecting jog wheels that makes it very simple and easy to use especially for kids. It also has a mixer control in the center and individual deck controls on the left and right. It has built in audio outputs for your mix and also for previewing your tracks. It is compact and has an ergonomic design which makes it very easy to carry about without any injuries or stress.
It is an intuitive and very powerful dj mixer for kids which also saves the mix as an audio file making it very easy to mix on the go. It has pressure sensitive jog knobs which makes it very easy to scratch in a natural way just like old vinyl records simply by pressing the dials. It comes with a standalone 3 Watt USB rotary RGB LED light which helps in giving your performance that flair and experience.
- The most complete and portable DJ controller; "On the go" DJ companion; Measures only 13.4" x 3.9" and weighs less than 1.23 pounds; Fits very easily into a bag or laptop shoulder bag; USB bus-powered (detachable USB cable included)
- Ergonomics that adapts perfectly to your laptop; All of the essential DJing functionality in an ultra-portable design; Two-deck DJ controller; 2 jog wheels, 2.95" in diameter; Mixer controls in the center, individual deck controls on the left and right
- 4 modes (Loop, Fx, Samples, Cue) per deck; 4 pads per deck; 2 equalization potentiometers per deck; 1 volume potentiometer per deck; 1.77" cross fader; 10 control buttons including a SHIFT command allowing you to double all the pad controls
- The essentials of the mix at your fingertips; Scratch as naturally as with a vinyl record with the help of the jog wheels; The jog wheels also control the Pitch and navigation within the tracks
- Highly intuitive features to create Loops, add effects and launch samples thanks to the unrivalled feel of the pads; Includes DJUCED 18 DJ software; Powerful and intuitive software; Mix two audio tracks on the fly; Save your mixes as audio files
- Operating system (32-bit/64-bit): Microsoft Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10; macOS 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10 on Mac Core Duo